Holy Cross Church was built in 1913 and dedicated on September 14th 1914. The PASTOR FROM 1913-1914 was Fr. John Pieper.
Some of the first Parishioners included Mr. and Mrs. Peter Schinstock, Mr. & Mrs. Henry Sanders, Mr. & Mrs. Frank Rehberg, Mr. & Mrs. George McNamara, Mr. & Mrs. Ed McNamara among others. These members were pleased to have Mass in Beemer because prior, they would travel to Wisner or West Point sometimes by train, and sometimes, the train did not coincide with the Mass times.
Some of the firsts in the parish to be baptized were: Kathryn McNamara born on Dec. 5th 1913, David Henry Sanders born on Oct 26th 1914 and baptized on Nov. 1st 1914 by Fr. Pieper.
The first couple to be married in the parish was George Schwedhelm and Elizabeth Amrein on June 19th 1917 with Fr. Adam Brass presiding over.
In 2005, Holy Cross Parish started sharing one pastor with St. Joseph’s Wisner. Holy Cross Parish is a small community with 75 Families but very strong and working together as a team. They do have at least 4 Masses per week including Colonial Haven Nursing Home in Beemer. Holy Cross Parish is a very welcoming community and have a tradition of sharing a cup of coffee with their pastor on Wednesdays after the morning Mass.