Holy Cross Church was built in 1913 and dedicated on September 14th 1914. The PASTOR FROM 1913-1914 was Fr. John Pieper. Some of the first Parishioners included Mr. and Mrs. Peter Schinstock, Mr. & Mrs. Henry Sanders, Mr. & Mrs. Frank Rehberg, Mr. & Mrs. George McNamara, Mr. & Mrs. Ed McNamara among others. These members were pleased to have Mass in Beemer because prior, they would travel to Wisner or West Point sometimes by train, and sometimes, the train did not coincide with the Mass times.